Creating custom wedding dresses is an exciting and fulfilling experience due to the creative freedom, personalized experience and emotional connection it brings. It allows brides to showcase their creativity, build meaningful relationships with a designer, and create something truly unique and special. Here at And Something Blue… you have a unique opportunity to create your own dress. Our design group has worked with brides over the last 7 years and have a number of amazing brides every year that create an exceptional dream dress to wear it on their big day!
“Wedding dresses hold significant emotional value for brides, as they symbolize one of the most important days of their lives. Designing a custom wedding dress involves being a part of the bride's journey and helping her bring her dream dress to life. This emotional connection with the bride and being able to contribute to her special day can be deeply rewarding and fulfilling for a designer”
1. We recommend a bride first try some dresses on to figure out a style and get a basic understanding of types of fabrics, lace and formulate a general idea of a dream dress.
2. Collect pictures of the styles, details and general feel of the dress.
3. Have an online appointment to meet with our design team and discuss possibilities, price range, and timelines. We offer a complimentary 20-minute virtual consultation. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule online or visit our store in person.
4. A sketch will be created by our designer for you to approve.
5. Meet in person with our design team to finalize style, fabric and other important details, take measurements and place an order.
6. We will send you pictures from production for possible corrections if needed.
7. A picture of the final product will be sent to you for approval before the shipment of the dress.
8. When the dress arrives our tailoring team will take care of the necessary alterations.
1. Collaborating with a designer: Working with a designer to create a custom dress is an exciting experience. You’ll be able to share your ideas and preferences, and the designer can offer suggestions and guidance to help bring your vision to life. It’s like working with a personal stylist who is dedicated to creating a dress that’s perfect for you.
2. Expressing your personality: A custom dress is a great way to express your personality and individuality. You can choose fabrics, colors, and styles that reflect your unique style and preferences. This can result in a dress that truly feels like “you”.
3. Making memories: The process of ordering a custom dress is a memorable experience that you’ll cherish for years to come.
4. Feeling confident: When you wear a custom dress that fits you perfectly and reflects your personal style, you’ll feel very special, confident, and empowered.
5. Creating a family heirloom: A custom dress is a beautiful and meaningful family heirloom that can be passed down for generations. Imagine your future daughter or granddaughter wearing a dress that
was designed specifically for you – it’s a special and sentimental legacy to leave behind.
1. Start early: Custom wedding gowns can take several months to create, so it’s important to start the process as soon as possible. Ideally, you should start looking for a designer at least six months before your wedding day.
2. Research designers: Look for designers, check their websites, social media accounts. Keep pictures of what you like on your Pinterest board. Pay attention to all the details which you like: buttons, trains, slits, belts. This will help the designer understand your vision and create a gown that meets your expectations.
3. Visit bridal stores to try on ready dresses that are similar to what you are looking for. It is super helpful to understand and clarify a lot of details.
4. Schedule an online consultation with our designer. This will give you the opportunity to discuss your vision for your wedding gown, as well as any specific requirements or requests you may have.
5. Be open to suggestions: While it’s important to communicate your vision clearly, it’s also important to be open to suggestions from the designer. We have a wealth of experience and knowledge and may be able to offer insights and ideas that you haven’t considered. We are very honest and open, be prepared. If we do not like your idea of a custom dress or think it will not look nice, we will not take an order, sorry…
6. Be patient: Custom wedding gowns can take a long time to create, and there may be multiple fittings and adjustments along the way. Be patient and trust the process, and you’ll end up with a gown that’s truly unique and perfect for you.